Evergreen Project

Domestic Abuse help for people over 55 years old...
Evergreen Service

What we do

The Evergreen project provides bespoke support for older victims of domestic abuse (55 +).  We provide practical and emotional support to increase safety both physically and emotionally, seeking  to address the many barriers older victims of domestic abuse face.

What we offer

  • One- to-one support within the home or community
  • Weekly appointments and telephone contact
  • Safety planning addressing all aspects of your safety
  • Linking in with other professionals involved in your care
  • To act as an advocate when necessary
  • Referrals to other services with ongoing support
  • Liaising with family members where appropriate

How we work

The Evergreen Project supports those recovering from domestic abuse in any of its forms.
A referral can be made to Endeavour by downloading and completing our form a the bottom of the page. However, please note that all referrals must be with the consent of the individual being referred.

We are happy to discuss any concerns you may have prior to referral by contacting Endeavour directly on:
Tel: 01204 394 842 or via email info@endeavourproject.org.uk

Why We Do It...

Endeavour acknowledges that various specialist services are needed to support and keep safe victims of domestic abuse of all ages. Nobody should be left behind due to their age, gender or sexuality.

There is a need for bespoke support and care for all victims of domestic abuse including those who are 55+ to complement other specialist services and to maximise take-up of these services.

Download Service Leaflet - more details

How this can help the people you work with...

Support will assist each person in:
  • Getting over particular experiences of domestic abuse
  • Putting in place a bespoke safety plan that is specifically for the individual
  • Finding ways of settling into new communities, making new friends and coping with their new experiences
  • Taking-up and accessing specialist support services
  • Developing problem solving and coping strategies, both in terms of practical problems, as well as dealing with their emotions
Whatever your experiences… Endeavour can help
Download Referral Form


I don’t want to leave my home, I have lived here all my life. Is there any help?

You can apply for an occupation order via the civil court. An occupation Order allows the Court to decide who should live, or not live, in the home or any part of it. The Order can also exclude the other person from an area around the home. The power to make an Order is contained in sections 33 and 35 to 38 of the Family Law Act 1996.

How can I stop my son from putting pressure on me to give him money?

This is financial abuse and is a criminal offence so you can report this to police. You can also contact a local Solicitor for advice in regards to an application for a Non-Molestation Order however this will be dependent on your financial situation as to whether you would be eligible for free legal help.

My partner moved into my home six years ago, he has been in hospital for some time and is due to come home soon but I don’t want him to come back or to be in a relationship with him, I am frightened what can I do?

You will need to make it clear to your partner what your intentions are and inform the hospital that he will need a different address to be discharged to. Endeavour can help to talk to professionals on your behalf about your fears of him returning back to the home and a plan can be put in place in regards to your safety

How do I get advice around my current housing situation as I wish to move?

If you are wishing to remain in your property and don’t wish to access refuge or safe temporary if you are living in either a Bolton Council property or Housing Association you can  firstly seek advice from your current housing provider and discuss your options. If they are unable to assist alternatively you can contact Housing Options on 01204 2335900 for Housing Advice. It is always advisable to register online with Homes for Bolton, you can access the application online.

I need to leave my Home, however I don’t know where to go or what to do. Who can help me?

You can contact Housing options on Tel 01204 335900 for safe temporary accommodation during the week between 9:30 and 5:00pm. Alternatively in an emergency you can contact the Out Of Hours Team on Tel 01204 337777 after 6:00pm or at the weekend. If you feel you require refuge accommodation to keep you safe please contact the national domestic abuse helpline on Tel 08082000247

I can’t stay in my relationship any longer, my husband cares for me due to my disabilities and controls my medication. Is there help for me?

There is help available for someone in your situation, support is available to help you with your finances, to arrange home care assessments including any adaptions needed, alarms or home care. Endeavour can also signpost to befriending services. When a relationship ends this is a very risky time so if you are ever in any danger please contact the police on 999,

Will I still be offered support if I decided to stay with my partner?

Yes. Endeavour would still be able to support you, a safety plan would be put in place in regards to safe time to meet you or call you and you will be given advice on how to keep yourself safe while in the relationship.

In An Emergency

Helpful advice about what to do in an emergency situation

Want to talk to us?

There are several ways you can contact us here at Endeavour. You can telephone Monday – Friday, 9.30am – 5.00pm

Tel: 01204 394 842

Email: info@endeavourproject.org.uk

Via Facebook messager service: www.facebook.com/EndeavourDAV/

Alternatively, fill out this contact form and we’ll get in touch with you.